Monday, April 25, 2016

Treasure Chest with Made With Love

Hello friends, how have you been?

Today I am up on the Made With Love blog with a small altered item to share with you, created with the new acrylic paints from Prima. 


The chipboard box is a nice little cutie from G45 which my DT co-ordinator Aida has kindly packed in for me, together with loads of yummy ephemera and trinkets for me to play with. Not to mention two jars of the new metallic acrylic paints from Prima Marketing!

Here are some close-ups:



Little tickets and trinkets which I had fun layering over a Blue Fern Studios chipboard. The chipboard was primed with black gesso and embossed with white EP. Then I used the silky smooth Opal magic acrylic paint from Prima (Blue-Gold) to paint over. As you can see, the embossed bits have a lovely blue-turquoise tinge while the rest is a stunning gold. I then highlighted with some Patina acrylic paint. The exterior of the box was primed with white gesso and had light paste stenciled over for a floral design. Then I painted a nice thick coat of Copper metallic acrylic over. 


Some fussy-cut frames and pictures from a sheet of Bo Bunny's Beautiful Dreamer collection, which I happily layered beneath the chipboard and resin. Everything was given a thin layer of Patina metallic paint.


The inside of the box - with a mini-tag album .



Some details on the tag album. The tags were covered with black gesso and had light paste stenciled over. Then I used the Opal Magic Blue-Gold paint over so you can see the different colors more clearly here.


Supplies used (available from Made With Love):

pp: Bo Bunny's Beautiful Dreamer
flowers: Prima Marketing
cardboard box: Graphic 45
mediums (Art Alchemy metallic paints - Steampunk Copper, Light Patina, Opal Magic Blue-Gold,  light paste): Prima Marketing
And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!