Thursday, November 26, 2015

Sweet Baby with Maja Design

Hello friends!

I'm finally able to share a layout I made of my little girl - it took awhile to get those photos printed! I was very tempted to use the Vintage Baby collection, but thought I would have a bit of fun with a collection that's not baby-based.

Here is the page, made with the gorgeous pinks from Summer Crush:

IMG_0369

I choose this particular sheet "Off to meet him" as the background color matches my photo's perfectly. I also liked how Marie has drawn the images such that my photo and clusters can be placed in the centre without being too cliche or flat. My background is very simple painting with pink and brown, and I had added my stenciled lace after the painting so that I get a nice contrast of white against the colors. Usually my stenciled designs get lost in the colors I add so this is one way of letting them stand out.

Some close-ups:

IMG_0372

My layers of papers, made from scraps from the same collection. I also have a piece of chipboard which I tucked in between and colored with various dimensional and distress paints.

IMG_0375

My floral cluster to make it more feminine. Underneath is a spare die cut leaf which I had from a previous project made with Enjoying Outdoors.

IMG_0377

And my title which I had colored with gelato and watercolor pencil to match that of the ladies in the corner.

And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by the blog!

love,

4 comments:

  1. Oh! This is beautiful! Love those little pink flowers- such a gorgeous page to celebrate your baby girl:);)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the gingham paper and that photo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - this is sooo sweet and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is just something about these papers that I just can't get enough of and when paired with a perfect little baby girl. I am in heaven. This is so pretty Jelissa. How cool that you can now scrap in pink and blue :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!