Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Savour the Day with Made With Love

Hello friends!

We are just a couple of days away from a major Chinese holiday here and I'm absolutely delighted! I mean, who doesn't like a nice long weekend break right?

Today I'm sharing with you a mixed media canvas I created for my LSS Made with Love, using some of the yummy new CHA releases from Prima's mediums range.

Here is the project:


I love the beautiful shimmer of the new Mica powder! Altogether I used three different colors - Lipstick, Green and Purple, and Purple has got to be my favourite. I also used papers from Blue Fern Studio's Montage collection (love that one too!) as the colors matched perfectly.

Some close-ups:



Lots of layers and textures here with canvas, trims, glass beads, glass glitter and chipboard. 



White flowers are my favourite simply because it is endless what you can do with them.



More altering going on, with some background painting.



I hope you like what I have to share with you today. What do you think about learning the techniques used in the making of this canvas? Let me know, and we might just make it happen! 

Supplies used (available from MWL):

Prima Art Ingredients - Mica Powder (Green, Lipstick, Purple), Glass Glitter, Microbeads
Prima Art Basics - Soft Matt Gel, Heavy Gesso
Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard, Montage paper collection
Pearl trim

love,


5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful... love all the flowers and layers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little canvas Jelissa... love the soft colours. I hope you have a great New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so beautiful! I love the softness of the colors. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beyond beautiful!!!! Love the shabby look!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!