Sunday, May 25, 2014

Blue Fern Studios DT - Blessings

Hello friends!

Am glad to be back in to share a layout I created for Blue Fern Studios. I revisited my old Prima collections and pulled out the Rondelle for this page. But it doesn't really matter what brand of patterned paper I use because BFS chipboards are so versatile, they suit any style of scrapbooking. 

You hardly see me scrap pictures of myself or with my kids because I just don't have that many. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to having my picture taken so unless I know the person is able to capture what I already visualise in my head, I rather just pass. Also, I look terrible in photos so you can imagine, selfies are definitely out. Even those with my handsome hubby. But he did such a wonderful job with this photo of me and the boys, so this one is really a keeper.


Love pinks and yellows, and how they mix to make a sweet orange. Not exactly a boy's sort of colours but who says you have to follow the rules?

Some close ups":


I used the "Blessings" word from "Spiritually Speaking" word set as my title and kept it very simple with a coat of gesso, some dabbing with grey chalk ink and distressed the edges with some black ink.

And layered in between my patterned papers are pieces from "Mini Ring Things". I covered with a coat of gesso and painted with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Flat Fabios to match my background. This was followed by patting on Shimmerz Dazzlers in Lemon Drop and Dreamsicle.


My floral cluster using Prima flowers, and layering bits of knick-knacks here and there from Kaisercraft and Heidi Swapp. 


A little wooden frame from the Optimist collection and more floral goodies! If you can see the background, I sprinkled some gold glitter on my texture paste. Fun, that is!


That's all I have for now. Do check back here in a couple of days for Part 2 of my BFS DT reveal. There's a video tut included as well! Until then, happy scrapping!

love,




5 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous...I really like the colours & it is a lovely photo...sooo important to document 'you' as well as 'them'!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a warm n fuzzy loving page, so what if it's pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful layout, and yes the photo is wonderful.. love all the layers and textures on your back ground!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So unusual composition! Beautiful colors. I love it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been much for rules, have lots of flowers on all of my pages, boy or girl ones. As an artist you can do whatever you fancy and it looks spectacular! So glad to see you scrap yourself although I get where you're coming from. Beautiful colours and background as always, fab fab layout sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!