Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Happy Layout and A Sweet Surprise!

Hi everyone, how are you doing?

So excited to be bringing you my first share of the year for Green Tara DT, and I've got something wonderful in store for you!

Here is a mixed media layout I created using lots of Green Tara and Blue Fern Studios goodies:


This is a favourite photo of mine of my two darlings and I just adore their smiles. The heart panel in the background is from Blue Fern Studios, and I've used a variety of techniques to create the background.

Some close ups:


Going all crazy with the misting and stamping.


A cluster of Wild Rose and apple blossoms from Green Tara, together with a chippie.


For my title I used the "Happy" word chippie and you can also see the "Remember" frame from the Memory frames set. The little wooden button was really an after-thought after I finished photographing the layout!

Now you probably would have realised that I'm a little skimpy on details on how I created the whole thing. Well, that's because I've put together a little start-to-finish video for you! I'm so proud to have made it - it's actually one of my resolutions for this new year. And to celebrate this big milestone, I'm having a giveaway for the launch of my YouTube channel. The prize is a gift certificate from C'est Magnifique Kits valued at USD30.



All you have to do to enter this giveaway is to:

(1) Become a follower of this blog
(2) Subscribe to my YouTube channel
(3) Leave a comment here to say that you've done both.

Easy peasy yes? You have till 7th February to enter for this giveaway, and I'll draw a random winner on the 8th.  But for now, sit back and I hope you enjoy what I've put together for you.


love,









14 comments:

  1. Wow, your work is stunning.
    So much detail and layering, and the colors are amazing. Love all the mists and gesso, and that chippy is a "must have".

    I have followed you and subscribed to your channel. Look forward to seeing more of you projects and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work Jelissa, and have been following your blog already, now have subscribed to your YouTubea as well :). I'd love to win a gift certificate for CM, my favorite place to shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you do and am already a follower. Have now subscribed to your Youtube also! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI.. I have been a follower for ages, but I have put your address on my side blog list so I see when you post next.. absolutely love your creating and really appreciate your videos too.. you are very talented, thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Jelissa dearandhuge congrats on your crafting milestone! Now I need to muster some courage to attempt making a video tute lol! Keep up the good work! You're very qtalented!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh sweety.. its awesome, as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jelissa...your work is absolutely gorgeous....I loved watching your videos....thanks for sharing....very inspirational.
    I am now a follower of your blog, have subscribed to your You tube channel and have you on my side bar. Looking forward to your next project. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for sharing. Absolutely love this tutorial. Have subscribed and am following you.Thank for sharing your talent!!
    Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an enchanting page! Love these colors and the oh so cute photo of your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watching you create is a delight...thanks for sharing your delightful page. I'm a follower and have subscribed to your Youtube channel....Thanks for the great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've subscribed and am following your blog by email. Love the video tutorials. They help make something that looks so intimidating seem doable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunnin page and an awesome tutorial. I really enjoyed watching it, so much inspration.
    I follow your blog and subscribed to your YouTube.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soooo impressed with your work and soooo glad to find your blog!! You are a true artist Jelissa !

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!