Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Prima Sep BAP

If you don't know that that means, it's the monthly Build-a-Page challenge over at Prima. Here is this month's sketch:

2012SEPTEMBERBAPHege

And this is my take on it:


Using the color palette from the photo itself - teals and browns. This sketch screams mixed media and I'm a big fan of those paints, mists and pastes! Basically any thing that allows me to create a painting with different dimensions of textures and layers.

Some close-ups:


The title using Maya Road chip words and Prima's own alphas. Not to forget my favourite bandages and banners.


Flower clusters. I'm nuts about those. For this, I used a vine and one of those Prima flower packs I got off MWL during their big sale. It's on-going for the whole of September!


Since I already have one flower cluster, I decided to try something new and made my own hot-air balloons with buttons and patterned paper. The butterflies create the feeling of the balloon being lifted off by them flutteries.

Well, that's all for now. I'm submitting this LO as part of my portfolio for the Paper Hause DT call. It's this new online mag on scrapping that features lots of techniques on mixed media (yay! my favourite!) and tutorials on how to achieve those effects as well. Wish me luck!

Ciao :)


2 comments:

  1. Great choice! No wonder they chose you. So beautiful and very touching.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!